Our streamlined admission process is clear and hassle-free. Franklin University’s Admissions team guides you through each phase, answering questions and providing resources that save you time. Application fees, along with other course prerequisites, are waived for applicants of the College Credit Plus teacher program. Our team empowers you to succeed – from start to finish.
Before You Apply
Talk with your school principal to:
- Determine the qualifications necessary to teach a College Credit Plus course. Requirements are unique to individuals, based on your past education and the district where you teach. Verify with your sponsoring University that the graduate course(s) meet your individual requirements.
- Request a letter of recommendation from your principal, supporting your pursuit of graduate credits for College Credit Plus. You will be required to submit the letter with your application for admission.
The Admission Process
1. Complete our online admission application for graduate programs. When asked for your degree program, choose “College Level Credential.”
2. Email or mail supplemental materials to complete your application:
- Post-secondary transcripts, verifying completion of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and completion of a master’s degree (or equivalent), as well as any additional master’s-level coursework.
- Letter of recommendation from your school district
- Résumé that includes three professional or academic references
To email the materials send to:
To mail copies send to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
201 S. Grant Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215
3. The Office of Graduate Admissions will notify you of your acceptance into the program and the status of your grant funds – if applicable.
Note: This application process does not satisfy admission requirements for degree-seeking individuals. If you are applying for a full master’s degree program, please speak with your admissions advisor and visit the program page for a complete list of admission requirements.
Registration and Payment Options
After you’ve been notified of your acceptance, return your confirmation form. An Admissions Advisor will contact you to confirm receipt of your form and assist with course registration.
As you prepare for registration, carefully review your payment options.
- Franklin University encourages teachers to speak with their principals about alternative funding options for graduate education. You may qualify for professional development funds within your district.
- Franklin has a convenient billing program for employers to directly pay the University for student tuition.
- If your employer plans to participate in direct payment plans, have them contact the University Business Office at 614.797.4700 or 1.877.341.6300 (toll free) for further information.
- All expenses not reimbursable by your district will require individual payment.
- Federal assistance is not available to non-degree seeking students. However, if you are pursuing a full degree program in addition to College Credit Plus credentials, you may submit the FASFA to request federal assistance.
- Tuition and fees for all students are due by the first day of the trimester. The University accepts MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover. Students have the option of submitting secure online payments through the student portal.
New Student Orientation
Franklin University highly recommends new student orientation, which is conducted online for maximum flexibility. The orientation shares policies and guidelines necessary for success in higher education and at Franklin University. Your admissions advisor will provide you with log in details following your registration appointment and you will be able to access your orientation session 24 hours after your registration has been processed.